View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
No kidding. And Android isn't even 64-bit capable. Errrr... at least I had read that it wasn't and making it so would be no small matter, but articles are now out saying that it is 64-bit capable and always has been. I'm confused.
Android 64-bit support already baked in: just add hardware - SlashGear
I'm guessing your confusion is similar in character to mine - Linux has been 64-bit for years but who knows what work is (not) needed to make the other layers 64-bit. I tried to find an answer but ended up finding things that make absolutely no sense to me.

I'm starting to see that the 64-bit processor has a few tangible benefits now and that it's very likely that support for it will grow over time (something I never doubted but it seems that it will happen with greater speed). I'm not sure what this means for mobile platforms but it can only be exciting.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks