View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Yes and thats how Apple sold it to the crowd.
So, marketing? Is there any empirical evidence to back that up? I have to imagine that much of the improvement actually has to do with the newer GPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
Of course they are. I'm just wondering how they plan to pull that off since Android doesn't even support 64-bit architecture yet.
The kernel, being Linux, can certainly be built for a 64-bit architecture (the joys of running...everywhere). As for the layers of top, who knows. The UI is written with Java and I imagine that Dalvik can be rebuilt for 64-bit but your guess is as good as mine. You know, this is an interesting question.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks