View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Hey what the heck...the guy's already got an 8 core computer using 500-600% cpu unnecessarily.

I kind of prefer the "fresh OS install on an external HD" idea myself. If the internal HD has a problem that is software related...even if the kernel task is the issue & can be "quit" via Activity Monitor...the problem will only return on rebooting.

Basically if none of these ideas work...then maybe there is a hardware issue.

I always fall back on the issue I had with the core 2 duo MacBook Pro that my wife is now using. It had an almost 200% cpu issue (max. cpu use for a core 2 duo computer)...I tried everything I suggested in this tread & more with no solution.

Took it to the Apple Store (still had warranty on it)...they said that it was a bad fan. Fan was replaced...computer has been great for over a year!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks