View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by algetards View Post
So I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right seciton, but here it goes. So my logic board is broken and Activity Moniter shows that kernel_task (the os itself) is using between 500-600% CPU usage (I have 8 cores so this is about 63-75% CPU capacity)
If your logic board was truly broken...there's a strong possibility that the computer wouldn't even work.

Try this:

- Open Activity Monitor
- near the top of the Activity Monitor window choose "All Process's" from the drop down menu.
- look thru the list to see what's using all of the "% CPU" resources.
- then select the "offending" activity
- then click on the "Quit Process" icon.

See if this helps. If not...try booting the computer from an external hard drive with a fresh install (and a fresh install only) of the OS version you're currently running. See if this helps.

If the external HD idea helps...then you have applications that are running on your computers internal HD that are using up the cpu resources.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks