View Single Post
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Yeah, you're probably spot on regarding a logic board fault. I ran thru a whole series of threads on the Apple Discussion Forums a while back trying to help someone else out with the same problem as yours. One of the guys who was real tech savvy said he found a bad component on his logic board that was causing the backlight to flicker or go on and off. I don't remember if it was a resistor or some other part. He allegedly repaired it by replacing the component. Maybe if you take your machine apart and do some poking around you can find out what's causing it. If I remember correctly, someone else said he repaired his by soldering a bad connection on the logic board.
That's the answer I was hoping not to get, but I do believe you're right.

I just did a restart and I had to literally mash the screen brightness buttons (full-off to minimum) for about two minutes before the screen would stay on. This is one of the weirdest problems I've experienced in a long while.

If I hook it up to an external monitor in clamshell mode it should work correctly, right?

-Evan
QUOTE Thanks