View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Yeah, you're probably spot on regarding a logic board fault. I ran thru a whole series of threads on the Apple Discussion Forums a while back trying to help someone else out with the same problem as yours. One of the guys who was real tech savvy said he found a bad component on his logic board that was causing the backlight to flicker or go on and off. I don't remember if it was a resistor or some other part. He allegedly repaired it by replacing the component. Maybe if you take your machine apart and do some poking around you can find out what's causing it. If I remember correctly, someone else said he repaired his by soldering a bad connection on the logic board.
QUOTE Thanks