View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo13579 View Post
should i just go on ahead and buy a hard drive. i feel really uncomfortable spending mor than $60.
im willing to put up with 64 gb for an ssd, but i could get a new 120 gb hard drive for $40, what should i do
Why do you want/need an SSD? SSD's are certainly more expensive (cost/gigabyte). If you want more storage...then you will certainly get more if you purchase a "regular" hard drive.

In my opinion if you're on a tight budget (which it sounds like you are)...maybe getting the larger "regular" HD is the way to go. What if you find out later on that a 64gig SSD is too small?...then you're going to need something else. Then your cost will be $60 for the SSD + the cost of something else later...which adds up to more $$$ spent overall.

Food for thought,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks