Thread: My mac is slow
View Single Post
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Thanks for the screenshot about the graphics. Given your answer to Nicks's question I think we can put that aside for the moment and focus on why kernel_task is using over 300% of CPU power.

I had to do a little research to remind myself what that task covers. Not only does it cover a variety of basic operations it can be called by other operations/kernel extensions. You might give Kernel_task process taking up an inordinate amount of CPU a quick read. It lists several good troubleshooting steps.

What software (including things which launch as login items) is usually running when this happens? Thinking back to before you noticed the problem have you added new software/hardware since then?

Try creating a new user account on the Mac and see if that clears things up a bit. If so it suggests that something in your current user account is the culprit.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks