Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
08-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Snow Leopard in my opinion...is still perfectly usable in 2013.
Big reasons folks up grade their OS are:
- new features in the newer OS versions (not always a big deal)
- compatibility with newer hardware (phones, printers, iPads, etc.)
- compatibility with newer software versions (for example, Adobe CS6 may need an OS version newer than 10.6)
Since you still need compatibility with older PPC apps...you have a very good reason to continue using Snow Leopard.
The other question you have to ask yourself...is there anything you currently can't do that you want to do with your computer running Snow Leopard? The answer to this (for you) should answer your own question.
- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery