View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyBlack1 View Post
Okay. I just wanted to know if you could give me a definitive answer.
I'm trying to help answer your question as best as possible. The question is very very unusual & uncommon. Folks usually don't "stress" themselves about this sort of thing (optical drive making one whirring sound or two).

What I have found is...many many folks just use their computers day after day...not noticing the little details. Then one day they say..."HEY"...my computer doesn't seem to be doing what I think that it used to be doing.

What this means is...they really haven't been paying attention 100% of the time...regarding the details they're concerned about.

What I'm trying to say is...it's very very possible that your optical drive sometimes makes 2 whirring sounds & sometimes 1 whirring sound (and this was just never noticed before)...and that the difference may depend on a specific set of conditions.

For example...maybe it makes 2 whirring sounds when you reboot the computer...and only 1 whirring sound when you wake the computer from sleep. I'm not actually saying this is what's happening...but situations like this may be the answer.

If you hardly ever use the optical drive (and have hardly ever used it in the past)...odds are...it's in perfect working order (very "low mileage" on it).

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks