View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Booted to your SL disk and gone into Disk Utility and found the drive is not seen?

Way, way, way past time to buy a new hard drive - whether that one has failed or not.
There's no doubt in my mind that both OS X and Windows were already running like crap with only 3% free space. And that's probably the last time you checked - no telling what the actual current free space is. A full drive typically is not going to boot either, but it would be seen by Disk Utility.

Replace the internal drive and get OS X installed.
Get either an external case to put the old drive in or a universal USB adapter or caddy to connect the old drive externally to see if you can recover any data from it.
Or a restore from your backup.

****NOTE for others: **** While our drives have gotten larger and with 1-2-3-4 TB drives we're using now - Rule of thumb - Never run a defrag program on a drive with less than 10% free space - you are only asking for trouble.

PS: And no, the temps you provided should not be an issue.

PPS: You don't really think we're going to go check out all those links do you?

PPPS: Don't want to spend the cash on a drive without discovering if there is some other system board problem with your machine - take it to Apple and have them run a diagnostics on it or with your original disks you can run the Apple Hardware test.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks