View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfogle View Post

I bought an iMac 2006, and upgraded it to 10.7.5 - it came pre-loaded with Office 2011.

I just upgraded to an iMac 2011 i5 and restored all my apps etc with time machine. However, now, Office wants me to re-enter the key, which of course I don't have, since the guy who sold me the first iMac didn't give me the installation disks.

Is there a way round this?
Used Macintosh computers "legally" don't come with MS Office pre-installed. This install of MS Office was not "legit" in the first place...and since you never got the original install disk & code from the seller of the 2006 iMac...as you know...Office 2011 will not run on your 2011 iMac.

Time to "pay the piper" for your own copy of MS Office...or you can try some other MS Office "equivalents"...such as:

- Libre Office
- Open Office
- Neo Office

All of these alternatives are free...and compatible with previously created MS Office files.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks