View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Is there a way round this?
I think you already know the answer... Without the product key MS Office 2011 will not properly activate. The only way around it is to purchase a licensed copy for yourself. Several web resellers have the Home and Student single install version available for $90 or less. Look around.

However, if you prefer something for free, I recommend LibreOffice version 4.1 which you can download from here. It's compatible with MS Office 2011 and also the Windows version of Office.

Also, another bit of advice: I would not use anything left over from the iMac you purchased but instead would start clean. That of course is up to you.

And... Welcome to the Mac Forums.
QUOTE Thanks