View Single Post
Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Agree with lifeisabeach. Such a decision would only serve to cement my decision to stay with a Kindle or Android tablet. It would push me toward an Android phone in lieu of iOS and possibly back to Windows (or give Linux another go) with my next computer purchase.

If Microsoft had hatched a plan with the introduction of Win 3.1 or Win95 that afforded them a 30% cut of everything that could be sold to work and run in Windows, MS would not exist today.

This feeling that they deserve a 30% cut of everyone else's work because they created the operating system is, as far as I am concerned, the height of greed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingMac View Post
As I am heavily invested in Amazon media (mostly Kindle eBooks) any move to prevent me accessing it on my iPad would cause me to exercise my free-market choice to switch to another platform.

I agree completely with both of these comments.

I have an iPad Mini, which I use so I can read Kindle, Nook, Kobo and other eBooks (amongst other things). I would be very unhappy having to carry at least 4 separate eReaders in order to do this.

Why should Apple be entitled to anything at all in return for people using their OS in order to use someone else's content? They wrote the OS and created the device. They were paid for both of those. That should be enough.

How we use the products should be up to us
QUOTE Thanks