View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by aodhanmurphy View Post
It can't be the hard drive though, it has to be the software. If it was the hard drive then the Recovery HD would show up and I wouldn't have to use this bootable USB as a recovery. This has to be software based doesn't it?
Where did you get that idea? If neither the OS X partition nor the recovery partition are showing up, it's a good bet your SSD has gone south. If your recovery partition was visible then I might tend to agree that it could possibly be salvaged.

You very likely need to replace the SSD with a new one. Since you stated your Air is no longer under Apple warranty, you'll have to foot the cost to replace the SSD. OWC sells some of the best SSDs and has detailed instruction videos on how to replace it. The only thing left is your data. Do you have backups?
QUOTE Thanks