View Single Post
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demapples View Post
I booted the MBP from the attached external drive, then ran the ML installer from the external hard drive and aimed it at the MBP's hard drive. Tried twice. First time it made it to 9 minutes then froze. Left it overnight. Second time the install froze again at the 18 minute mark with that same pixelation. Must be some flakey hardware problem. My daughter is still looking for the disks that came with this MBP when I bought it for her. I understand there is a hardware test app on them.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Sorry but that isn't what I suggested at all. That's just repeating what you did to start with. You need to install to the external from a DVD as I described, bypassing the internal disk entirely

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks