View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
I had initially assumed that the ram was good because this was literally a new machine and it had passed the Apple Hardware Test. Apparently the memtest results were more thorough and ultimately more accurate.
I think that I remember mentioning something like you experienced in a thread yesterday...where basically I was saying that all hardware testing programs are "not created equal".

How many hardware testing programs can scan a computer...report that nothing is wrong from a hardware perspective...yet there still are hardware issues. I remember having a MacBook Pro with a video problem...and a very strange display brightness problem.

Scanned the computer with a variety of testing applications...and they kept reporting everything was fine. I even took the same exact computer to the Apple Store...I totally demoed the problem (and was easily able to recreate the problem in front of the "Apple Genius").

They booted the computer with one of their testing hard drives (to eliminate my HD as the source of the problem)...AND they scanned it with what you would think would be the best hardware testing software available...and they still couldn't pinpoint the issue.

They sent me home with no resolution(s)!

Whatta ya gonna do??

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks