View Single Post
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenhelmet
My initial thought was Bill Gates... yes, I KNOW... But I mean, as much as we may not like him or his company's products, you've gotta admit he was innovative. The guy started out with about $200 to his name, working in a garage and now 95% of the computers IN EXISTENCE use his technology. If that isn't living up to the American Dream, I have no idea what is...
What the ****?!!

Bill Gates (AKA William Henry Gates III) is the son of one of Seattle's wealthiest lawyers. He was brought up in rich neighborhoods, attended private schools, was exposed to computers at an early age because of his parents' connections, and was attending Harvard when he decided he could make better money selling software.

He's a great businessman, sure. He's shrewd, intelligent, and ruthless, and he knows when and how to seize an opportunity and pursue it to the end. But "American Dream?" Come on.
QUOTE Thanks