View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeDennis View Post
Hi All!

I have a MacBook that has a cracked screen. That's all that's wrong with it (son with anger issues squeezed the display until it cracked) but I want to sell it off, most likely cheap for parts or whatever someone wants it for.

I need to erase it but I can see absolutely nothing on the screen.

I don't have Firewire capability (or whatever that is when you use that particular cord to "connect" computers).

Is there any other way I can erase the hard drive just using the computer itself? Short of beating it with a hammer (which would obviously negate the possibility of selling it).
Either plug an external monitor into it...or open it up to remove the hard drive. Then install it into an external case...then plug it into a 2nd computer to erase it.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks