View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I could bore you with an essay about why the versioning and autosave system is WAY better, but I'll spare you. I work with similar documents that undergo revision quite a lot, and from my perspective Lion's system is WAAAAAAAY better than relying on me to remember to Save As. I don't even want to tell you how many times I've overwritten something I didn't intend to (luckily, Time Machine before this autosave/versioning system came along).

It's more about perspective, I think. I do agree that they "sprang" it on folks in a ham-fisted way, but I'm here to tell you: versioning and autosave are FANTASTIC and the biggest flaw IMO is that it isn't mandatory in every app.
QUOTE Thanks