View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubDrive View Post
I have been noticing something recently on my iMac (circa 2007) and my Macbook Air (2013). Both are running OS X 10.8.4.

I thought this was a problem with my iMac reaching end of life but then I noticed the same thing happening on my Macbook Air.
I know that the "sort of" conclusion that you are suggesting is that because you have two computers with the same problem...that the problem must be something OS related or hardware related.

But what must also be considered is that since both of these computers are owned and used by you...that other things could be the source of the issues. Such as:

- "unusual" habits you may have using your input devices (which I cannot even begin to guess at).
- 3rd party software installed on the computer

Honestly...these sorts of things can happen to folks. But it's pretty unusual (statistically) for a person to own both a 2007 iMac & a 2013 MacBook Air...and have the same issues on both of them at the same time. Especially when we do not hear of this sort of thing happening with other folks.

What you can do to test things is:

- use a different (known working) input device with your iMac (to see if the problem persists)
- boot your iMac and/or your MacBook Air from an external HD with ONLY a fresh install of the OS...and see if the problem persists
- do a PRAM reset
About NVRAM and PRAM
- do an SMC reset
Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks