View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubDrive View Post
I have been noticing something recently on my iMac (circa 2007) and my Macbook Air (2013). Both are running OS X 10.8.4. When the computer goes to sleep and I then wake it up, I am finding that my mouse clicks no longer work. On my iMac, I have discovered that if I push the power button and push it again, I am able to make things work correctly, When I restart the computer, I can't login until I put it asleep and wake it up again.

I thought this was a problem with my iMac reaching end of life but then I noticed the same thing happening on my Macbook Air.

My keyboard seems to still work as I can Command-Tab shift between open apps but my mouse and my key pad will only move the cursor and have no effect on the on traditional "Mouse-down" command.

Wait... your keypad moves the cursor? That's not even normal behavior. Are you using any 3rd party mouse drivers/utilities? Or have you enabled the "Mouse Keys" feature from the Accessibility preferences? If so, and you don't need that feature, try turning it off.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks