View Single Post
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

The MacOS is listed as supported though some of the things I've seen are a bit vague. I had a similar device on my Mac Pro and ran into a situation where the drivers worked on one version of the OS but not some others.

One other thing to consider here is that it may work for general connections but not for this situation. One of the devices I was using worked unless I tried to establish a peer to peer network

Having been in a similar situation several years ago I found that generally there were only a few options that worked reliably:

1. Contact the ISP. They may want you to purchase a second license (seat) for the second machine. This is usually only a few dollars a month.
2. Purchase an actual router and connect that to the modem. Then the router can distribute signals to other devices. Most routers are seen as one machine connected to the system. Many support a feature called "cloning" so that it uses the same machine ID as a machine that is configured.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks