Thread: MacBook Battery
View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRFC View Post
I presumed if the charger was broken, it wouldn't do anything, but it keeps the charge, just doesn't charge it up. It's a genuine Apple one!
Are you sure about this? If the charger is not charging the battery...it's probably not maintaining whatever charge it currently has as well. I think that you may need to wait 1-2 days before concluding that the charger is actually maintaining the current charge level. I think that you last mentioned that the battery charge was 56%. If it's still 56% in a couple days...then I would agree that the charger is maintaining the charge (but not charging higher).

Quote:
I don't know anyone else who has a MacBook unfortunately and my previous charger is completely broken, so not sure what I can do there.
This would make testing easier...but not necessarily an uncommon situation to not have someone else nearby to help with a 2nd computer.

Quote:
Out of interest, how much is a new battery?
I'm in the US...but according to the UK Apple online store...the price for a new battery is around 101.00.

Quote:
And what would I have to do if the MagSafe board is broken?
Replace the board!

Here's the board & price (US cost):

MacBook 13" Unibody 2 GHz Parts - iFixit

Here's the replacement procedure:

Installing MacBook Unibody Model A1278 DC-In Board - iFixit

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks