View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

That's deeper than my knowledge about all this stuff since I am no coder by a stretch of anyone's imagination.

Am only surmising it's gotta be something more than a memory leak - that when a page loads, it's loaded into memory and it stays in memory until you quit Safari or that space is needed by something else.

I can clean boot, open nothing but Safari and in a matter of an hour or two go from 2.4GB down to < 100MB free memory. When I quit Safari, it only frees up about 1.7-1.9 GB of that - using my memory manager to force free, will take me back to that 2.4GB.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks