View Single Post
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

I have no problem with Apple following the law and paying only it's legal due in taxes. My only complaint is that I don't have the leverage to have a similar arsenal of exemptions, "loopholes" and "gimmics" in my existence as a non-corporate entity. Fair is fair...

I'm a business called "Paying Dave's Family's Way Though Life and Supporting in Part Those Who Pay Little or Nothing Into the Common Good for Whatever Reasons". I'd be happy if I could do some of the stuff any company can do to defer payments, depreciate assets and write off interest/value/etc on my car, home, computer, phone, cell phone, work clothes, yard service, trash pickup, guns, appliances, phone service, internet, blah, blah, blah... I use it all (at least in part) for the business of keeping keeping Me, Inc. running, ready, available, able and qualified to work. I bet I could make every year look like a financial loss on paper if I could use corporate accounting to account of everything it takes to keep the lights on around here. Fair is fair...

If Citizens United lets companies have some broad rights as "people" so to speak, then people should be able to have some of the broad rights as "companies" as well. Maybe enjoy some of those corporate benefits they lobbied for so hard can trickle down to me? It would certainly be nice to enjoy the benefits of citizenship when needed, while enjoying a certain amount of legal distance of responsibility when needed.

No problem with Apple of GE following the law. But, all citizens (corporate or private) should all get the same, or nothing when it comes to legal guarantees, protections or restrictions by a government.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks