View Single Post
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by piddley View Post
Can Pixelmator do RGB to CMYK colour conversion and other pro stuff like that...? I recently had to let my PS go and I have been struggling with Gimp.. Its ok but just so not user friendly. I have plenty of artwork and the printing service I use, print24, require all files in CMYK to guarantee good results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Last time I checked it didn't but there are work arounds to get files into CMYK.

Yes there are and you can do this by Opening the Image with ColorSync Utility in the Applications>Utilities Folder and then using the drop down Menus at the bottom of the window. Quick and simple. Just tried it and works Look at below image

EDIT : Pxelmator does now have CMYK support as outlined in this article Pixelmator Adds New Color Profile Management and CMYK Support

Quote:
In the digital world, colors can be defined in many ways, and when it comes to precision, a feature called Soft Proofing comes in handy. Soft Proofing lets you quickly apply different color profiles to your images so you can get an idea of how the outcome, such as the printed image, might look. That's right, CMYK lovers, now you can preview and work in CMYK colors.

On top of that, thanks to the sRGB standard, the image colors inside Pixelmator will also look better. The sRGB color standard is widely used on most devices you come across every day, such as digital cameras, scanners, or even your iPhone. This means that the colors of images you edit in Pixelmator will look absolutely perfect outside Pixelmator and across all of your Apple devices.
That should keep em happy as it seemed like there was a lot of people out there wanting this. Color Perfect Pixelmator 2.1.3
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-05-25 at 8.37.48 AM.png (57.9 KB, 18 views)

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks