View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIGYBABES View Post
So, my question is, with my existing setup (with wifi switched off) can i connect the ipad (wired) to my wired network and use the ipad to access my pics/movies/music off my imac?
Aside from syncing content to and from an iPad and charging it, the device itself has absolutely no wired capabilities - it's a wholly wireless device (indeed, this is the purpose of tablets). Thus, you can't connect to a wired network unless a wireless signal from it is being broadcast.

If you can't use AirPlay, there are a variety of solutions here. As noted though, you'll need a wireless network.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks