View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Not all i7 chips are quad core, particularly the i7 mobile chips.

You will need to supply an example of newegg indicating a dual core chip as being quad core. If you are googling a specific mobile chip and not including the "M" on the end of the model #, then you are looking at the desktop version of the chip.
For the best results for identifying any particular Intel chip when using google related to a chip model # - would suggest you limit your clicking to the Intel product page which would be ark.Intel.com/products/xxxxx.

As initially introduced by Intel, no i7 mobile chip was quad core. Don't really understand why they called them an i7 since most people expected "all" i7s to be quad core. The i7-M in any '10 model MBP is going to be a 2 core chip capable of 4 threads.

Try using everymac.com for more specifics all around about any Mac you're looking at.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks