View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggee View Post
>only cellular has GPS capabilities and i have been recommended an app that will allow me to navigate with positioning while offline.
I can't speak for the Mini but the Nexus 7 certainly has GPS and there are a few offline navigation apps for Android. You might want to test them out first - some of the navigation suggestions in some of the free apps are questionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggee View Post
my questions i have are:
>can an unpowered external HDD be connected to the ipad mini to stream movies?
>can the same external HDD be used to store photos from the device? and is the process to do so equally as easy as transferring from the SD card?
>also as anyone traveled with an ipad mini? could you give me your thoughts on your experience with it?
Again, can't speak for the Mini but word on the street is that the Nexus 7 can be used with an external if it's powered (which likely going to be a problem for you) and connected to the N7 with an OTG cable (you'd also need to install an app and it looks like it might possibly have to be rooted). Not having tested that though, I can't verify if that actually works.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks