View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary_Kramer View Post
That was a lot of useful information, thanks a lot for all the responses. I am just going to test the capacitors and other major things with my multimeter, and then attempt a reflow with my hot air gun. After that I will call it quits. Thanks again.
You probably have heard of the example of dropping a running hair dryer into a bathtub full of water. Not very good for the hair dryer or someone if they should be in the tub!

Kind of the same thing spilling liquid on a laptop computer. Liquid + laptop = dead laptop. I'm talking possibily short circuits, sparks, smoke, etc.

Test all you want...and "reflow" all you want...just to satisfy your curiosities. But I think that at the end of the day...chances are you will still have a dead laptop!

Two realistic options:

- Buy a used replacement logic board (if the cost makes sense)...which it usually doesn't.
- Use the money that would be used to purchase a replacement logic board (plus probably additional cash)...and get a replacement used MacBook Pro just like what you have, get a new computer from Apple, or get a refurbished computer from Apple.

Good Luck,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks