View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

All speakers use 2 wires to them - even though some of them may have both wires in the same cable.

That is a standard RCA plug.

I have never attempted to repair an RCA plug - they're too cheap - and don't believe I have ever owned speakers that had permanently attached wire coming out of them.
(Well, guess I have because I've had whatever speakers Dell sent with their computer for my wife to use as she has never been allowed to touch mine.)

There are some DIY tutorials out there though. Here are a couple of them:
How to Attach an RCA Cable to an RCA Connector | DoItYourself.com
3 Tips for RCA Connector Wiring | DoItYourself.com

I don't have a clue how you're going to tell which of the wires coming out of the speaker is the positive and negative without tearing apart the connector on a working one.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks