View Single Post
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Not a fan of Topaz, as it's too easy to be heavy handed with it and achieve non-realistic results. In case you hadn't noticed, LR 4 has an incredible noise removal algorithm, and it also has a brush tool which can be used for selective noise removal, amongst other things.

The two most used plugins I use are Nik's full suite (now owned and operated by Google, and the full suite is now only $150 which is amazing) and Alien Skin Exposure. I only use Nik for Black and White conversions and Alien Skin for mostly the same, but on occasion I'll use it for color fades/conversions.

As for sharpening, unless it's for print work.. everything gets done in LR. To be honest, I'm sure that LR would be good for print work as well. You just have to understand how to set the parameters. If you want to know more about this.. let me know.

I only use Elements to stitch panoramas these days, though it's still better at cloning than the LR 5 beta.

Doug

Edit: 3,333!
QUOTE Thanks