View Single Post
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

I have so far used a USB scanner, multi-port card reader, 4-port serial-to-USB hub, Logictec harmony remote, and a couple of other USB devices with my VMs running Windows and Linux without any problems.

I suspect the CD burner to be the same, in that, it will work absolutely fine without any problems. What you would need to do is upon initial insertion of the burner, if the VM is running (with VMWare Fusion for example) you will get the pop-up asking where to connect it. Choose Windows and it will work within the VM. Once you want to burn something in OS X, then from the USB device list on the VM toolbar, choose the burner and select disconnect. Now OS X will see it and can use it, to use it in the VM again, go back to the same selection in the VM toolbar and choose connect.

Does your friend KNOW for a fact that the USB burner wouldn't work or are they guessing?

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks