View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Normally I'm against the "wipe and reinstall" catchall for every Window ailment, but in this case I think it might be the best course. This time, DO NOT set up your own account first and then use Migration Assistant: use it AS you set up the Mac for the first time (as though it was new) after the system reinstall. That will help A LOT.

Second thing I can help you with is "struggling with the basics" -- Macs aren't nearly as different from Windows as people make it out to be -- same old file/folder metaphor with all the main components in the same places. What gives people trouble is generally:

1. Trying to make the Mac behave like Windows -- a fool's errand if ever there was one!
2. Being unwilling to "unlearn" a few things and open one's mind to an alternate (perhaps better) approach.

For both of these a visit to Switch 101 will probably do a world of good.
QUOTE Thanks