View Single Post
exgarymac

exgarymac is on a distinguished road

I have just tried a basic Textedit.

The problem I might have is that I took over this Macbook Pro from a friend. I can see only two accounts - my own new account and an "everyone" account from when I tried to transfer all my Windows stuff across. The original owner's account does not show as an account option although it does appear in the Finder list.

As suggested, I went in to the Everyone account for the text edit but that account did not make any other input type applications available to me. Anyway, it did not object when I saved a short textedit sentence, but I cannot find it again now!

I suppose I am in a mess. All my Windows stuff has arrived safely in Everyone but having read all the instructions from Migration Assistant about making the files as SHARED I have failed to transfer those files to my own account. Maybe I should try to use Everyone as my own account instead of my new account, but then the problem is that I do not get the other standard applications. I guess that Everyone is special for Migration assistant.

Having used Windows for so many years I am really struggling with basics. If I can get those right I shall be fine.

Any suggestions about how to change account permissions, or would it be an option to do a complete clear out of everything to bring my laptop back to an "as new" state then start reload scratch.

Richard
QUOTE Thanks