View Single Post
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
What are your goals again, in terms of subject matter? Wildlife, birding, landscapes?

Doug
You have my goals down pretty well, with Landscape (especially lowlight landscape) being the top. Portraits and Macro is something I want to be able to do as well, but my big three right now are as you stated.

The main thing I am trying to do is to put together a kit that makes sense without too much overlap, since I don't have unlimited money.
On the other hand, I get tempted when I see good sales, even if the item doesn't really fit.

I am so far very satisfied with my additions, but believe I may want to add a fast aperture Telephoto even though it duplicates the 70-300 VR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
That Macro lens is amazing, another one the wife owns. If that's on the table, go for it, you won't regret that.
Thanks, the fact that it does double duty is a big benefit (of course it costs twice as much).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
When you started the thread you didn't mention anything about that Macro lens! I would go for the Macro then. XD
Sorry!

Mainly, I was fixated on the 85mm and wasn't thinking about it clearly in line with my overall plan. . .

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks