View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlamb View Post
I hate how Apple has been forcing us to upgrade our OS so often. Apple could have stopped at Snow Leopard and that would have been fine by me...
In case you didn't know:

- OS 10.6 Snow Leopard was released August, 2009
- OS 10.7 Lion was released July, 2011
- OS 10.8 Mountain Lion was released July, 2012

And why would Apple stop updating the Mac OS back in 2009 (3.5 years ago) with the release of Snow Leopard?? That would be a pretty silly thing for a computer company to stop updating & improving their OS.

I'm not sure if you told us exactly what model iMac you have...but if you really really want/need to run Leopard (OS 10.5)...you could purchase a used Mac with the best specs possible that will still run OS 10.5 (Leopard). I'm guessing this computer would probably be faster than your current iMac (which of course if it's busted...won't be very hard).

You would probably be VERY surprised how inexpensively you could buy an older Mac capable of running Leopard. Thus you could buy an older Mac to run Leopard (so you can run Pro Tools 8)...and still buy a new Mac-Mini...so you can run the latest version of iTunes so you can have better compatibility with your iPhone 5.

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks