Thread: Quick question
View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I personally would not buy it at that price, and Mac2Sell says it is worth $460 (and it tends to be optimistic).

The unit is a perfectly fine computer, and should meet the specs for Mountain Lion (checked: it does). However, my concern for you is that the graphics card (which is not upgradeable) is a 128GB card. GREAT for casual/moderate gaming, not really good enough for heavy gaming. This machine would also struggle with anything above 720p video.

I think this machine would make a great computer for casual use for another couple-three years, assuming its in sound mechanical shape. I'd strongly suggest maxing out the RAM when you can, maybe consider replacing that small HD with an SSD or at least a larger, faster HD and I think you'll have a very decent machine that could last you several more years.
QUOTE Thanks