View Single Post
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

OS8 and even OS9 had Shared level Multitasking, Not premptive. It also had Shared Memory where everything runs in the same memory space. If one app crashes, a lot of times the whole system went down with it. Windows 3.1 95 and 98 were that way too especially with memory usage. Microsoft did not just improve 98/ME and come out with 2k and XP. NT was a completely new core very much like OSX is a totally new system. Windows 2k was based on the NT kernal as is XP. They are not a Redo of the 95, 98 & ME Kernal at all but totally new. With OS9 Apple was WAY behind Microsoft with 2k and XP with Flat Page memory and Premptive Multitasking. They had to do something and do it fast. OSX was born and in my opinion anyway, it is even better than XP in most respects, although XP is a very good OS as was/is 2k. OS9 was holding Apple back, Way back.
QUOTE Thanks