View Single Post
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionamerica View Post
My mac pro is impressive as I expected. There's only one thing I miss from the world of Wintel: A rational keyboard shortcut system. The wintel system used underscores to show which letters were shortcuts within the menu system. Once "alt" had been struck, the menu had the focus and you could go anywhere with key strokes--even in a brand new application--because you could see which keys to strike (the underlined ones). The shortcuts were thus very easy to learn, much easier to type (one key at a time), and in most cases, your hands never left the home keys. My mac makes me feel like I'm playing twister with my fingers. I could do many things 5-10 times as fast as someone hobbled by a mouse. I've seen "productivity" and "shortcut" apps within the app store... how much do these help? I presume that none of them can actually place underscores on the letters of other applications because that would entail leaving the "sandbox". Comments? Suggestions? Reviews?
What sort of work are you doing on your Mac? I use keyboard shortcuts as much as I possibly can on my iMac because I just rue reaching for the mouse. I'm only doing simple doc and spreadsheet creation, email, and web-browsing. There are so many useful and easy-to-learn shortcuts for OSX. I don't have the link available here at work, but there's a list of keyboard shortcuts on Apple's website. I see no difference between 2 or 3 finger key configurations and typing Alt and then typing another key afterwards. Just as fast, just as easy to learn/memorize.

But maybe that's just me...

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks