Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
02-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Don't confuse the decision with ram and storage upgrades. Your first decision should be whether to get the 2.3 or 2.6ghz 15" MacBook Pro.
- Firstly I have to assume that you're talking about the non-retina MacBook Pro's.
- Secondly...since the 15" only comes in the stock configuration of 2.3ghz...I'm assuming you are choosing it...then upgrading it to the 2.6ghz cpu on the configuration page.
One thing to take careful notice of...when you upgrade the 15" non-retina MBP from 2.3 to 2.6ghz...you also double the amount of video ram (from 512meg to 1gig).
Once you have chosen between the 2.3 or 2.6ghz 15" MBP...then you can start thinking about ram and storage upgrades.
- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery