View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilk47 View Post
I play my audio for TV out of my receiver/DVD player 5.1 surround. I run a HDMI from cable box to receiver and play it through and AUX setting.
Why don't you plug that HDMI into the HDMI 1 input on the receiver and assign it to the Cbl/Sat in the receivers menu?
How do you get the video to the TV from there?
Using the receiver as an HDMI switch and have another HDMI cable going from the receiver to the TV?

Quote:
I recently bought Apple TV and a optical audio cable. I have the optical audio cable going from my receiver to Apple TV and plugged into SAT input.
Why not plug the HDMI from the Apple TV to the receiver - not the TV?
Using HDMI # 2 input and assign it to the Aux via the receivers menu.
No need for the optical cable at all then.
And problem below disappears.

Quote:
I cannot get any sound out of my 5.1 surround using Apple TV. The only way to get sound is from my TV.

In order to get the best out of my music/movies I want to utilize the surround sound.

Any suggestions?

Much thanks!

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks