View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The fact that your machine is on for you to get the reading proves it is NOT overheating, you are just over-reacting. I really wish I understood why people think that Apple has "forgotten" to provide for cooling in their otherwise superbly-engineered machines. It's sheer madness to imagine that they didn't think of it or provide for it. Must come from stupid Windows machines, that's the only explanation I can come up with.

If your iMac were, in fact, overheating, it would SHUT DOWN. Is it doing that?

Using a toy like SMC Fan Control will in fact MASK any real problems, override the engineering design and may in fact CAUSE problems as likely as it is to "solve" anything. I would discontinue using it immediately.

Your temps look perfectly normal to me.
QUOTE Thanks