12-19-2012, 08:56 AM
I am trying to get my Epson Stylus TX121 printer working as network printer. However I am not being able to print from my Mac machine to that network printer.
I configured my Linux PC to work it as a printer server using CUPS. I followed below steps:
- Installed Fedora 13 with cups-1.4.6.
- Attached Epson printer locally via USB port with the Linux PC.
- Added that printer through CUPS web based UI as “shared” and “raw printer” in the Linux PC.
- Connect an iMac PC (Mac OS X 10.6.8 installed) with the same network where my Linux PC is connected.
- Installed Epson TX121 driver (version 9.00) in the iMac PC.
- Added the printer manually with URI specified as ipp://192.168.1.222:631/printers/Epson_Stylus_TX121 (192.168.1.222 is the IP address of my Linux PC) in the iMac PC.
- I also added this printer in a Windows XP PC with the same URI ( ipp://192.168.1.222:631/printers/Epson_Stylus_TX121).
In this setup from Windows XP I can print successfully, but from iMac I can't print. Then I came to know that iMac uses CUPS as spooler. So I opened the log (/var/log/cups/error_log) in iMac and found this:
D [19/Dec/2012:14:27:52 +0530] cupsdSetBusyState: Printing jobs
D [19/Dec/2012:14:27:52 +0530] PID 16063 (/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/rastertoescpII.app/Contents/MacOS/rastertoescpII) stopped with status 206!
D [19/Dec/2012:14:27:53 +0530] [Job 17] cgpdftoraster: bytes written for sheet 1 = 35662302
D [19/Dec/2012:14:27:53 +0530] PID 16062 (/usr/libexec/cups/filter/cgpdftoraster) exited with no errors.
I [19/Dec/2012:14:27:53 +0530] [Job 17] Backend returned status 1 (failed)
Any idea why I can't print from iMac.