View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
I took the iMac to the Apple store and they said the faulty sensor is in the logic board, needing replacement of the same. Being a 2009 Mac and with the new one coming out now I decided not to repair id. Cost is more than half a new iMac.
I wonder about that? I'm not disputing what the Apple tech told you but the temperature sensors in most MacBook Pro models are replaceable without having to replace the logic board. I would assume the same applies to the iMac series. I would check out the tear down of your particular machine at iFixit: The free repair manual and see for yourself.

Gaining entry into any iMac requires some skill and patience and is certainly not an easy task, so keep that in mind.
QUOTE Thanks