View Single Post
techiesteve

techiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz, MacBook 2.16 GHz, iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filiberke View Post
If there would be a hardware problem concerning the display or the graphics card, wouldn't that be found as 'trouble' by the 'Apple hardware test'?
Not always. Even Apple's more advanced diagnostics for technicians, ASD and the AST MRI will sometimes pass a defective part. Only yesterday at work MRI passed an iMac video card that was defective, odd distorted graphics following the mouse pointer. AHT will also not fail visual LCD display issues. If I had to guess re your fault, I'd lean towards a video card fault, only as you had a kernel panic, and I've never ever seen this caused by a display. Only chscag's earlier suggestion re adding an external display will prove as near as possible what's causing your problems. If you can't do that you'll need to take the iMac to an Apple store or AASP for diagnosis. You can't always diagnose accurately from a picture and forum post.

Steve Bell
UK
QUOTE Thanks