11-16-2012, 02:32 AM
All right. Summary:
1) I should expect problems while airplaying movies from my MBA. Streaming from iTunes via Homesharing is the solution for that. (Will I have this problem while mirroring, say, YouTube from my iPad, too ?)
2) Mirroring static screens (pics, web pages) would be flawless.
3) Mirroring games from my iPhone or iPad would be okay, too (I didn't think of that, by the way. My son will love it).
4) AppleTV is more practical to connect and more tidy for the living room.
5) But, I'm gonna have to converte several movie formats for iTunes, right?
If no other warnings appear, it looks like AppleTV instead of two cables :-)
Thank you OSXX, IvanLasston, lifeisabeach and Tattooedmac