Thread: New iMacs DVD?
View Single Post
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGrumpy View Post
Surely one of the main points of the iMac is have everything in the same unit; that's one of the reasons I bought mine. Now I also have a video camera and am starting to send dvds to family abroad it's nice to have all the editing and burning facilities together.
With the proliferation of cloud services, I imagine that soon you'll be able to create all of your videos and then set them up in some cloud server and then pass along the link for others to view.

Apple usually takes a lot of heat for making decisions well before the general public is willing to make them and then gets praised for being trailblazers..

If your current Mac is in perfectly working condition, then surely there's no need to sweat the lack of an optical drive in the new iMacs and by the time it's time to upgrade, cloud storage will be dirt cheap and we'll all be using it..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks