View Single Post
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Vodafone UK - wouldn't trust them to give me the time of day without lies and mis-information. (sorry very very poor customer 'service' experiences).

But, my Vodafone bias aside, downloading from the App Store, including in app purchasing does not use text messaging as a charging mechanic. All charges are debited from your iTunes account.

The only way I can see this happening is using a webapp - which is just like being on a web page so all bets are off. Though I can't think of how a) this could happen without user knowledge and b) I don't think the web browser has access to the SMS system.

I'd get back in touch (without holding your breath) and ask for details - dates, times, number used etc.

Knowing which number these texts went to may help track it down.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks